In Scrummers we are experts in the development of this kind of mobile apps or websites and we want to tell you what means an e-commerce platform and how it could help you to get all your business goals.
E-commerce: more than a platform
The concept of e-commerce, or electronic commerce, is defined as a process where you can exchange goods, products or services through a digital platform such as an app or website.
This technique has become popular in recent years thanks to different factors like the availability of the internet, the technological advances and the interest of the users to make online trades.
According to the Colombian economic newspaper Portafolio, the e-commerce platforms have transformed the business world by adapting the socio-economic dynamics and the user’s purchasing methods towards a digital model, which is why these types of transactions have increased by 20% in recent years.
In the United States, companies with e-commerce strategies have managed to earn more than US$500 billion annually and in Europe, the sum exceeds more than US$600 billion in sales.
What are the advantages that e-commerce gives to your business?
- According to Forbes Mexico, there are more than 350 million users on the internet, which means that your products can reach more people without having to invest a large amount of money.
- Your customers will be able to know all the information that they need about your items and make the whole purchase process though your mobile app or website.
- Your e-commerce platform may be able 24 hours per day and seven days a week if you wish.
- You can save on rental cost or in the rent of physical space and invest in digital ads, in a team focused on your goals and in a platform that gets with all the necessities that your target market needs.
- With a strategy that integrates an e-commerce platform, you can save on personnel coast or on the rent of physical space, for example. That allows you to raise your company’s profit margin and increase your market.
- You will have access to certain information about your customers such as their age range, gender, location, and purchase preferences or habits, among others. With this data, you will be able to know more about your users or customers and make a marketing plan depending on their needs and yours.
- By knowing your users you can segment your strategics, customize the service and improve their shopping experience.
Likewise, this type of platforms has different benefits for your customers such as they can analyze your products and know all the characteristics to make the purchase decision anywhere; they will able to know if your product is available and, depending on the type of business that you have, to buy the article immediately.
What are the models of the e-commerce platform?
In Scrummers we want to show you some references for this type of tools so you can analyze what is the best one for your idea:
According to your customer’s profile:
- B2B (Business to Business): when your clients are other companies or organizations.
- B2C (Business to Customers): when you offer your products directly to other people.
- C2B (Customers to Business): platforms where the people publish their services for companies to purchase. For example, job apps or websites.
- C2C (Customer to Customer): tools that make it easier to commercialize products between people such as OLX or Mercado Libre.
Depending on your business model:
- App or website with your own products: where you can offer your goods, products, or services through a mobile app or website.
- Dropshipping: with this technique, you can offer your products with the intermediation of another company that is in charge of sending or delivering them.
- Marketplace: external apps or websites that promote different products of other people like Amazon, Alibaba, Lineo or eBay.
- Membership: with this type of e-commerce your customers can join a membership of your business and receive products regularly.
- Services: marketing of training, consulting or monitors services.
- Fintech: financial transactions thought digital platforms.
According to the platform:
- MCommerce: this technique allows you to make a commercial transaction thought an app or website, where you use your own platforms or make an advertising campaign in other’s apps.
- Web Commerce: websites designed to buy or sell products.
- Social Commerce: buying and selling products through social networks.
In Scrummers we do everything in our hands so our customers and clients can get their business goals, we have more than seven years of experience an more than 50 software developments made, which makes us a strategic partner to realize your next mobile app or website.
¿No hablas inglés? Haz clic aquí para ir a la versión en español.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]